ANW logo

Archives Network Wales

Search the collections:        Search help | Advanced search   | Browse by repository

Browse the indices: Combined(searchable) Personal names Corporate names Places Subjects

[Cymraeg]

[Home]

[New to Archives?]

[Family history]

[Admin menu]

List of repositories  |  List of collections at National Library of Wales  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details

National Library of Wales
Smithfield Road Church, Wrexham, records

Reference code(s): GB 0210 SMIHAM

Held at: National Library of Wales

Title: CMA: Records of Smithfield Road Church, Wrexham

Short Title: Smithfield Road Church, Wrexham, records

Creation date(s): 1913-1971

Level of description: Fonds

Extent: 0.009 cubic metres (4 volumes)

Name of creator(s): Smithfield Road Church, Wrexham

CONTEXT

Administrative/Biographical history: The Chapel was opened in 1904 and came under the pastorate of the Rev. D. W. Elias, along with the Presbyterian Chapel in Park Street. In 1913, the Chapel was transferred from the Home Mission Scheme to the Forward Movement. In 1925, the Church joined with Park Street [Presbyterian Church]. The Church was closed in 1971.

CONTENT

Scope and content/abstract: The fonds consists of the records of Smithfield Road Presbyterian Church, Wrexham, 1913-1971, comprising a church register of membership, 1913-1917, 1921; a register of baptisms, 1913-1929, 1937-1970; an account book, 1939-1971; and a volume containing minutes of meetings, 1959-1971.

ACCESS AND USE

Language/scripts of material: English

System of arrangement: Arranged into four files: Church register of communicants, register of baptisms, treasurer's book and minute book.

Conditions governing access: Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to sign the 'Modern papers - data protection' form.

Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright laws apply.

Finding aids: A hard copy of the list is available in CMA: Records of Welsh Chapels in NLW 2001-.

ARCHIVAL INFORMATION

Accruals: Accruals are not expected.

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by Mrs Gwawr Booth, Wrexham, December 2002.

ALLIED MATERIALS

Related material: Annual Report for 1916 is held at NLW.

DESCRIPTION NOTES

Archivist's note: Compiled by Nia Wyn Griffiths.
The following sources were used in the compilation of this description: Dodd, Arthur Herbert, A History of Wrexham , (Wrexham, 1957); Annual Report of Smithfield Road Church for 1916; CAPELI database at NLW.

Rules or conventions: This description follows NLW guidelines based on ISAD(G) Second Edition; AACR2; and LCSH.

Date(s) of descriptions: March 2003


INDEX ENTRIES
Subjects
Calvinistic Methodists | Wales | Wrexham
Religious institutions | Wales | Wrexham
Smithfield Road Presbyterian Church (Wrexham, Wales) | Archives

Personal names

Corporate names
Smithfield Road Presbyterian Church (Wrexham, Wales)

Places

List of repositories  |  List of collections at National Library of Wales  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details