ANW logo

Archives Network Wales

Search the collections:        Search help | Advanced search   | Browse by repository

Browse the indices: Combined(searchable) Personal names Corporate names Places Subjects

[Cymraeg]

[Home]

[New to Archives?]

[Family history]

[Admin menu]

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Flintshire Record Office  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details

Flintshire Record Office
Anthony Clark Partnership (diocesan architects) papers

Reference code(s): GB 0208 D/DM/563

Held at: Flintshire Record Office

Title: The Anthony Clark Partnership, Diocesan Architects (Wrexham), MSS

Short Title: Anthony Clark Partnership (diocesan architects) papers

Creation date(s): 1873-1961

Level of description: Fonds

Extent: (111 items)

Name of creator(s): The Anthony Clark Partnership

CONTEXT

Administrative/Biographical history: The Anthony Clark Partnership is a firm of architects based in Wrexham. The partnership was the diocesan architect for the Diocese of St Asaph, designing religious and secular buildings in Flintshire, Denbighshire, Caernarfonshire, Merionethshire, Montgomeryshire, and Cheshire, in the late 19th and 20th centuries.

CONTENT

Scope and content/abstract: Architectural plans, details and specifications, relating to churches, vicarages and rectories in the Diocese of St Asaph, 1873-1954; schoolhouses, 1914-1956; hospitals, 1916-1953; halls and other public buildings, 1943-1955; shops, 1952-1953; and housing, 1932-1961.

ACCESS AND USE

Language/scripts of material: English

System of arrangement: Arranged into the following: vicarages and rectories; churches, vicarages and schoolhouses; schools; hospitals; halls and other public buildings; shops; and housing.

Conditions governing access: Data Protection Act restrictions will apply to any items less than 100 years old that contain sensitive personal information as defined by the Act.

Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.

Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available in Flintshire Record Office.

ARCHIVAL INFORMATION

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at Flintshire Record Office have been retained.

Accruals: Accruals are not expected

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

ALLIED MATERIALS

DESCRIPTION NOTES

Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds

Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: Flintshire Record Office, The Anthony Clark Partnership, Diocesan Architects (Wrexham) MSS catalogue.

Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH

Date(s) of descriptions: January 2004


INDEX ENTRIES
Subjects
Architects | Wales, North
Church buildings | Wales | Designs and plans
Church buildings | Wales, North | Designs and plans

Personal names

Corporate names
Anthony Clark Partnership

Places
Denbighshire (Wales)
Flintshire (Wales)
Merioneth (Wales)
Montgomeryshire (Wales)

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Flintshire Record Office  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details