ANW logo

Archives Network Wales

Search the collections:        Search help | Advanced search   | Browse by repository

Browse the indices: Combined(searchable) Personal names Corporate names Places Subjects

[Cymraeg]

[Home]

[New to Archives?]

[Family history]

[Admin menu]

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Denbighshire Record Office  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details

Denbighshire Record Office
Rhosllanerchrugog Parish Council and Community Council records

Reference code(s): GB 0209 PCD/92

Held at: Denbighshire Record Office

Title: Rhosllanerchrugog Parish Council and Community Council Records

Short Title: Rhosllanerchrugog Parish Council and Community Council records

Creation date(s): 1881-1984

Level of description: Fonds

Extent: 0.342 cubic metres (204 items)

Name of creator(s): Rhosllanerchrugog Parish Council; Rhosllanerchrugog Community Council

CONTEXT

Administrative/Biographical history: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894, taking over civil functions of parish vestry meetings. The records can include minute books, financial statements, correspondence, copies of planning applications, and rate lists. Community councils replaced parish councils under the local government reorganization in 1974. Rhosllanerchrugog Parish Council was located in the county of Denbighshire until 1974, when its roles were taken over by Rhosllanerchrugog Community Council and Denbighshire became part of Clwyd. It is now in Wrexham County Borough. During the Second World War, there was a War Comforts Society, and later a Welcome Home Fund for returning servicemen.

CONTENT

Scope and content/abstract: Records of Rhosllanerchrugog Parish Council and Community Council, 1881-1984, including minute books, 1894-1970; copy of Rhosllanerchrugog Vestry Meeting minutes, 1881-1884; financial records, 1915-1969; correspondence, 1932-1969; burial board records, 1914-1965; allotment records, 1926-1958; War Comforts Society records, 1939-1946; Welcome Home Fund records, 1946-1947; St Thomas' Charities records, 1897-1968; maps and plans, 1899-1956; and miscellaneous, 1902-1984.

ACCESS AND USE

Language/scripts of material: English, Welsh

System of arrangement: Arranged into: Rhosllanerchrugog Vestry Meeting and Rhosllanerchrugog Parish Council records; additional material.

Conditions governing access: Plan of Stryt Las cemetery not to be produced until repaired. Access to other documents within this collection may be restricted due to Data Protection legislation. Please contact Denbighshire Record Office for further information.

Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.

Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available in Denbighshire Record Office.

ARCHIVAL INFORMATION

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at Denbighshire Record Office have been retained.

Accruals: Accruals are possible

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the Clerk to Rhosllanerchrugog Parish/ Community Council, Denbighshire/ Clwyd, 1973, 1974; additional deposit made 1984.

ALLIED MATERIALS

DESCRIPTION NOTES

Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds. The archive includes earlier records transferred from other organisations.

Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: Denbighshire Record Office, Catalogue, Rhosllanerchrugog Parish Council Records.

Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH

Date(s) of descriptions: May 2004


INDEX ENTRIES
Subjects
Parish councils (Local government) | Wales | Rhosllanerchrugog
Rhosllanerchrugog (Wales). | Community Council | Records and correspondence
Rhosllanerchrugog (Wales). | Parish Council | Records and correspondence

Personal names

Corporate names
Rhosllanerchrugog (Wales) | Community Council
Rhosllanerchrugog (Wales) | Parish Council

Places
Rhosllanerchrugog (Wales)

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Denbighshire Record Office  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details