Reference code(s): GB 0214 DX816
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Llanbradach Workmen's Hall and Institute minutes book
Short Title: Llanbradach Workmen's Hall and Institute minutes book
Creation date(s): 1920-1925
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: (1 volume)
Name of creator(s): Llanbradach Workmen's Hall and Institute
Administrative/Biographical history: The first Llanbradach Workmen's Institute, built in the 1900s, in the village of Llanbradach, Glamorgan, was a timber and corrugated-iron structure, which had previously served as a village hall, school and religious meeting house. In 1910, a committee was set up to replace the structure with a new purpose-built stone building. The new building was offically opened in 1913. Among the amenities available to the members were a billiards and snooker room, cinema, reading room and lending library.
Scope and content/abstract: Committee minute book, 1920-1925.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office by a private individual, 1993
Related material: Further records are Glamorgan Archives, DX267.
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: December 2004