Reference code(s): GB 0214 DECONG9.
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Providence English Congregational Church, Mountain Ash, records
Short Title: Providence English Congregational Church, Mountain Ash, records
Creation date(s): 1912-1989
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.04 cubic metres (10 volumes, 1 paper)
Name of creator(s): Providence English Congregational Church, Mountain Ash
Administrative/Biographical history: Providence English Congregational Church, Mountain Ash, Glamorgan, was established in 1869 with 25 members and subsequently rebuilt and reopened in April 1912. The church closed on 26th February 1989. From 1982 to 1989, it was known as Providence United Reformed Church.
Scope and content/abstract: Providence English Congregational Church, Mountain Ash, church and deacons' meetings minute books, 1912-1989; receipt and expenditure book, 1909-1962; and envelope contribution books, 1915-1938.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access: Some records are closed for 30 years - contact the Duty Archivist
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office by a private individual, 1989-1990
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: March 2005