Reference code(s): GB 0214 DECONG10
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Windsor Road English Congregational Church, Barry, records
Short Title: Windsor Road English Congregational Church, Barry, records
Creation date(s): 1889-1986
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: (31 volumes, 66 papers, 5 plans, 1 paper card, 3 files, 7 bundles, 2 paper deeds, 2 typescripts, 33 booklets, 8 paper pr
Name of creator(s): Windsor Road English Congregational Church, Barry
Administrative/Biographical history: The English Congregational cause in Barry, Glamorgan, dates from 1889 when a meeting, convened by the Rev. John Williamson, of Cardiff, was held to consider establishing a church. Shortly afterwards, on 3 January 1890, the decision was taken to lease land on the corner of Windsor Road and Porthkerry Road and to establish a church-cum-school, which opened on 27 May 1890. The Sunday School was completely re-built in 1899-1900, and a church was erected in 1903-1904.
Scope and content/abstract: Windsor Road English Congregational Church, Barry, church meetings minutes book, 1974-1985; records book, 1890-1915; deacons' meetings minutes books, 1889-1986; financial records, 1899-1977; and communion service attendance registers, 1891-1912.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access: Some records are closed for 30 years - contact the Duty Archivist
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office by a private individual,
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: March 2005