Reference code(s): GB 0214 DECONG11
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: English Congregational Church, Abercynon, records
Short Title: English Congregational Church, Abercynon, records
Creation date(s): 1894-1977
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.06 cubic metres
Name of creator(s): English Congregational Church, Abercynon
Administrative/Biographical history: Abercynon English Congregational Church began as a branch of Libanus Welsh Independent Church, Graigberthlwyd, Glamorgan, founded in 1833. In December 1885, it was resolved to establish a new church on the Ynysmeurig Estate in Abercynon. The church opened in 1886 and closed in 1992.
Scope and content/abstract: Abercynon English Congregational Church, church and deacons' meetings minutes book, 1894-1914; finance records, 1890-1974; letterbooks, 1914-1924; membership and collections records, 1904-1969; Band of Hope attendance register, 1921-1922; Sunday School records, 1910-1977; and pipe organ fund committee minute book, 1906-1907.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access: Some material is closed for 30 years - contact Duty Archivist
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Record Office conditions apply
Finding aids: A handlist is available at the Glamorgan Record Office
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan record office by a private individual, 1993
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: March 2005