Reference code(s): GB 0214 DXBT
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Gloucester Record Office collection
Short Title: Glamorgan deeds and documents from Gloucestershire Record Office
Creation date(s): 1618-1940
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.16 cubic metres
Name of creator(s): Gloucestershire Record Office
Administrative/Biographical history: Gloucestershire Record Office was established in 1936. Records which it received relating to Wales have been periodically transferred to Glamorgan Record Office.
Scope and content/abstract: Sale particulars, farms in Peterston-super-Ely, 1894; deeds, Llangynwyd and Penarth, 1769-1891; will of William Boughton, of Splott,in Cardiff, 1850; pedigree of James and Thomas family of Llangadog (Carmarthenshire), 1922; Verity family of Bridgend, deeds, wills, and other documents, concerning property at Bridgend, Coity, Coychurch, Ewenny , Colwinston, St Brides Minor, Llangan, Llandyfodwg, Wick, Llanblethian, Llangynwyd, Llantrisant, and Llantwit Fardre, 1618-1878; deeds and papers of Edward Moss, Cheltenham (Gloucestershire), 1821-1862; John M. Randall, of Fitzhamon Court, Bridgend, papers, 1833-1940; glass negatives of south Wales, c.1884; Cathedral School, Llandaff, magazines , 1898-1913; and will of Peter Birt, of Wenvoe Castle, 1789.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Arranged chronologically according to place or family name
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives Office conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/CalmView/
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Archival history: The collection consists of miscellaneous material deposited at Gloucester Record Office (mainly from local firms of solicitors), subsequently transferred periodically to the Glamorgan Record Office.
Immediate source of acquisition: Gloucestershire Record Office, 1953, 1954, 1967 and 1971.
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following sources were used for compilation: Glamorgan Archives finding aid; The Gloucestershire Record Office, 1936-1996 (Gloucester, 1996).
Rules or conventions: Descriptions follow ANW guidelines based on ISAD (G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: July 2004; amended January 2005