Reference code(s): GB 0214 DXRW
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Llantrisant deeds
Short Title: Llantrisant deeds
Creation date(s): 1594-1850
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.02 cubic metres (23 parchments, 23 papers, 2 booklets)
Name of creator(s): The Portreeve of Llantrisant
Administrative/Biographical history: Llantrisant is a former medieval borough, strategically sited on a hill near the juncture of the rivers Clun and Ely, with commanding views over the Vale of Glamorgan. The town was attacked on several occasions between 1300 and 1402 but lost its military importance in the later middle ages. In 1883, the borough status of the town was finally abolished by the Municipal Corporations Act .
Scope and content/abstract: Llantrisant deeds, 1594-1843; certificates, 1697-1745; apprenticeship indentures, 1720-1847; miscellaneous accounts and receipts, c1800-1850.
Language/scripts of material: English, Latin
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office by a private individual, 1969
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following sources were used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids; Lewis, Dillwyn The History of Llantrisant (Newport 1975); Soulsby, Ian The Towns of Medieval Wales(Chichester 1983)
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: September 2004