Reference code(s): GB 0214 DWESPP
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Pontypridd Wesleyan Circuit records
Short Title: Pontypridd Wesleyan Circuit records
Creation date(s): 1842-1996
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.2 cubic metres
Name of creator(s): Pontypridd Wesleyan Circuit
Administrative/Biographical history: The Methodist cause in the Pontypridd area began shortly before 1848 when Charles Bassett, a local banker, of the Bridgend Circuit settled in Pontypridd. Bassett assisted the establishment of the chapel in Pontypridd in 1848 and other churches in the Pontypridd, Rhondda and Llantrisant area. This circuit covers the area from Treforest in the Taff Valley to Hopkinstown in the Rhondda Valley and Ynysybwl in the Clydach Valley.
Scope and content/abstract: Circuit records including minutes, 1872-1978; statistics, schedules and circuit plans, 1912-1978; finance records, 1915-1974; preachers' records, 1863-1974; baptismal registers compiled on a circuit basis, 1842-1957; papers and records relating to local chapels, 1880-1996
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access: Some records are closed for 30 years - contact the Duty Archivist
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office by a private individual, 1979-1985
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: June 2005