Reference code(s): GB 0214 DHMOR
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Morgannwg Hospital, Bridgend records
Short Title: Morgannwg Hospital, Bridgend records
Creation date(s): 1864-1954
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: (89 papers, 27 files, and 205 volumes)
Name of creator(s): Morgannwg Hospital, Bridgend
Administrative/Biographical history: The hospital was founded in 1864 as the Glamorgan County Lunatic Asylum, Bridgend. This establishment was known as Angelton after the setting up of a branch asylum at Parc Gwyllt in 1887. In 1922 the name of the hospital was changed to Glamorgan County Mental Hospital. After it became part of the National Health Service in July 1948, it was renamed Morgannwg Hospital, Angelton becoming Glanrhyd Hospital, and Parc Gwyllt becoming the Parc Hospital.
Scope and content/abstract: Morgannwg Hospital records including miscellaneous reports, 1947-1949; financial records, 1892-1954; salaries and account books, 1864-1950
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access: Items containing information on named individuals maybe restricted in accordance with the Data Protection Act and Glamorgan Archives policy.
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office by the Morgannwg Hospital Management Committee, 1971
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: July 2005