Reference code(s): GB 0214 P31
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Cadoxton-juxta-Barry Civil Parish Records
Short Title: Cadoxton-juxta-Barry civil parish records
Creation date(s): 1845-1894
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.08 cubic metres
Name of creator(s): Cadoxton-juxta-Barry Civil Parish
Administrative/Biographical history: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The civil parishes took over some responsibilities previously administered by the (ecclesiastical) parish vestry. In 1974, parish councils in Wales became known as community councils or town councils and existing boundaries were altered.
Scope and content/abstract: Records of Cadoxton-juxta-Barry parish, including tithe plan and apportionment, 1845; highway surveyor's rate books, 1852-1866; assistant overseers' valuation list, 1874-1875; assistant overseers' rate books, 1877-1894; assistant overseers' sanitary rate books, 1887-1888.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Arranged chronologically
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Record Office conditions apply
Finding aids: A handlist is available at the Glamorgan Record Office
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office by various individuals, [1951-1992]
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: July 2005