Reference code(s): GB 0214 P52
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Caerau Civil Parish Records
Short Title: Caerau civil parish records
Creation date(s): 1809-
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.021 cubic metres
Name of creator(s): Caerau Civil Parish
Administrative/Biographical history: Civil parishes were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The civil parishes took over some responsibilities previously administered by the (ecclesiastical) parish vestry. In 1974, parish councils in Wales became known as community councils or town councils and existing boundaries were altered.
Scope and content/abstract: Records relating to Caerau parish including copy of glebe plan, 1804 [copied 1809]; overseers' census schedule, 1831; tithe plan and apportionment, 1839-1841 [copied 1980].
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Arranged chronologically
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Record Office conditions apply
Finding aids: A handlist is available at the Glamorgan Record Office
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office from various sources, [1977-1981].
Existence and location of originals: The diocesan copy of the Caerau tithe plan is deposited with the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Related material: Morgan Bruce and Nicholas, solicitors, parish records (DMBN563)
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: July 2005