Reference code(s): GB 0214 P80
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Coity Civil Parish Records
Short Title: Coity civil parish records
Creation date(s): 1841-2007
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.042 cubic metres
Name of creator(s): Coity Parish; Coity Parish Council
Administrative/Biographical history: Civil parishes were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The civil parishes took over some responsibilities previously administered by the (ecclesiastical) parish vestry. In 1974, parish councils in Wales became known as community councils or town councils and existing boundaries were altered.
Scope and content/abstract: Records relating to Coity parish including overseer's receipt and payment book, 1848-1871; Coity Lower tithe plan, 1841; copy of Coity Lower tithe apportionment, 1842; Coity Higher parish council minute books, 1925-2007.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Arranged chronologically
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Record Office conditions apply
Finding aids: A handlist is available at the Glamorgan Record Office
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office from various sources, [1964-2012].
Existence and location of originals: The diocesan copy of the Coity tithe plan and apportionment is deposited with the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Related material: Extracts from tithe plan and apportionments for Coity Higher and Coity Lower,1865; and altered apportionment for Coity Lower, 1931-2: DN706-710
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: August 2012