Reference code(s): GB 0214 P90
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Colwinston Civil Parish Records
Short Title: Colwinston civil parish records
Creation date(s): 1751-1895
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.024 cubic metres
Name of creator(s): Colwinston Civil Parish
Administrative/Biographical history: Civil parishes were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The civil parishes took over some responsibilities previously administered by the (ecclesiastical) parish vestry. In 1974, parish councils in Wales became known as community councils or town councils and existing boundaries were altered.
Scope and content/abstract: Records relating to Colwinston parish including settlement certificate, 1751; copy of tithe plan and apportionment, 1841; vestry minute books, 1855-1895.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Arranged according to deposit
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Record Office conditions apply
Finding aids: A handlist is available at the Glamorgan Record Office
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office from various sources, [1964-1987]
Existence and location of originals: The diocesan copies of the Colwinston tithe plan and apportionment are deposited with the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: July 2005