Reference code(s): GB 0214 P79
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Coychurch Civil Parish Records
Short Title: Coychurch civil parish records
Creation date(s): 1841-1982
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.042 cubic metres
Name of creator(s): Coychurch Parish; Coychurch Higher Parish Council; Coychurch Higher Community Council
Administrative/Biographical history: Civil parishes were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The civil parishes took over some responsibilities previously administered by the (ecclesiastical) parish vestry. In 1974, parish councils in Wales became known as community councils or town councils and existing boundaries were altered.
Scope and content/abstract: Records of Coychurch parish including audit notice, 1864; church rate book (Coychurch Lower), 1857; tithe apportionment (Coychurch Higher), 1841; copy of tithe plan (Coychurch Higher), [c. 1842]; copy of tithe plan and apportionment (Coychurch Lower), [c. 1842]; Coychurch Higher Parish/Community Council minute books, 1967-1982; receipt and payment book, 1959-1980; Llantrisant Wesleyan Methodist circuit plan, 1906.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Arranged by deposit
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Record Office conditions apply
Finding aids: A handlist is available at the Glamorgan Record Office
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office from various sources, [1980-1988]
Related material: Pencoed Civil Parish records: GB 0214 P131
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: July 2005