Reference code(s): GB 0214 P99
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Merthyr Mawr Civil Parish Records
Short Title: Merthyr Mawr civil parish records
Creation date(s): 1843-1968
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.02 cubic metres (1 volume, 1 plan)
Name of creator(s): Merthyr Mawr Parish; Merthyr Mawr Parish Council
Administrative/Biographical history: Civil parishes were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The civil parishes took over some responsibilities previously administered by the (ecclesiastical) parish vestry. In 1974, parish councils in Wales became known as community councils or town councils and existing boundaries were altered.
Scope and content/abstract: Records of Merthyr Mawr parish comprising tithe plan and apportionment, 1843-1844; parish meeting minutes, 1894-1968.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Arranged by deposit
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office, -.
Related material: DCL; DN
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: July 2005