Reference code(s): GB 0214 P5
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Rudry Civil Parish Records
Short Title: Rudry civil parish records
Creation date(s): 1843-1970
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.2 cubic metres (104 volumes, 1 plan, 1 bundle, and 1 file)
Name of creator(s): Rudry Parish; Rudry Parish Council
Administrative/Biographical history: Civil parishes were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The civil parishes took over some responsibilities previously administered by the (ecclesiastical) parish vestry. Before 1896 Rudry (Rhydri) was part of the parish of Bedwas (partly in co. Monmouth). In 1974, parish councils in Wales were replaced by community councils or town councils.
Scope and content/abstract: Records of Rudry parish including tithe plan and apportionment, 1843; assistant overseers rate books, 1884-1926; assistant overseers receipt and payment book, 1925-1927; vestry and parish meeting minute books, 1878-1905; Parish Council minute books, 1894-1955; declarations of acceptance of office by parish councillors, 1894-1970; poor rate account book, 1913-1924; general account book, 1910-1967; Rudry village/parish hall committee minutes books, 1946-1970.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Arranged chronologically by records series
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office by Rudry Parish Council and various individuals, [1956-1974]
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: August 2005