Reference code(s): GB 0214 P91
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: St Donats Civil Parish Records
Short Title: St Donats civil parish records
Creation date(s): 
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.02 cubic metres (1 plan, 14mm)
Name of creator(s): St Donats Parish
Administrative/Biographical history: Civil parishes were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The civil parishes took over some responsibilities previously administered by the (ecclesiastical) parish vestry. In 1974, parish councils in Wales were replaced by community councils or town councils.
Scope and content/abstract: Copy of St Donats parish tithe plan and apportionment, 1844 [copied 1980].
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Arranged by deposit
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records offered have been accepted and listed
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by St. Donat's Parish, 1988.
Existence and location of originals: The copy of the St Donats tithe plan and apportionment is taken from the diocesan tithe plan and apportionment deposited with the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: August 2005