Reference code(s): GB 0214 P34
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: St George's-super-Ely Civil Parish Records
Short Title: St George's-super-Ely civil parish records
Creation date(s): 1806-1962
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.03 cubic metres (11 papers, 7 volumes, 2 photocopies, 2 files, 3 booklets, and 4 cards)
Name of creator(s): St George's-super-Ely Parish
Administrative/Biographical history: Civil parishes were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The civil parishes took over some responsibilities previously administered by the (ecclesiastical) parish vestry. In 1974, parish councils in Wales were replaced by community councils or town councils.
Scope and content/abstract: Records of St George's-super-Ely parish including bastardy deposition, 1806; assistant overseer's rate book, 1926; assistant overseer's receipt and payment book, 1926-1927; copy of tithe plan and apportionment, 1844-1845 [copied 1980]; minute book, 1894-1962; records regarding Best Kept Village Competition, 1957-1959; miscellaneous records, 1843-1959.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Arranged by deposit
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office by various individuals, -.
Existence and location of originals: The copy of the St George's-super-Ely tithe plan and apportionment is taken from the diocesan copy deposited with the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: August 2005