Reference code(s): GB 0214 P12.
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: St Hilary Civil Parish Records
Short Title: St Hilary civil parish records
Creation date(s): 1728-1973
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.06 cubic metres (7 volumes, 1 plan, 1 booklet and 13mm)
Name of creator(s): St Hilary Civil Parish
Administrative/Biographical history: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The civil parishes took over some responsibilities previously administered by the (ecclesiastical) parish vestry. In 1974, parish councils in Wales were replaced by community councils or town councils.
Scope and content/abstract: Records of St Hilary parish including copy of tithe plan and apportionment, 1840 [copied 1980]; overseers of the poor, petty constables and church wardens, 1728-1821; minutes, charity distribution accounts, cricket club records, 1883-1973.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Arranged by deposit
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office from various sources, -.
Existence and location of originals: The copy of the St Hilary tithe plan and apportionment is taken from the diocesan copy deposited with the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: August 2005