Reference code(s): GB 0214 P50
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Sully Civil Parish Records
Short Title: Sully civil parish records
Creation date(s): 1847-1961
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.04 cubic metres (1 roll, 9 volumes)
Name of creator(s): Sully Civil Parish
Administrative/Biographical history: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The civil parishes took over some responsibilities previously administered by the (ecclesiastical) parish vestry. In 1974, parish councils in Wales were replaced by community councils or town councils.
Scope and content/abstract: Records of Sully parish comprising tithe plan and apportionment, 1847; assistant overseers rate books, 1918-1926; assistant overseers receipt and payment books, 1913-1927; Parish Council minute books, 1894-1961.
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Arranged chronologically
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records offered have been accepted and listed
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by Sully Parish, 1978.
Related material: Glamorgan Record Office, Records of manor of Sully,DMS: including papers relating to parish boundary dispute, 1841-1843.
Archivist's note: Compiled by David Morris for the ANW project. The following source was used for compilation: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids.
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: August 2005