ANW logo

Archives Network Wales

Search the collections:        Search help | Advanced search   | Browse by repository

Browse the indices: Combined(searchable) Personal names Corporate names Places Subjects

[Cymraeg]

[Home]

[New to Archives?]

[Family history]

[Admin menu]

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details

Glamorgan Archives
St Illtyd's College, Cardiff records

Reference code(s): GB 0214 ESEC61

Held at: Glamorgan Archives

Title: St Illtyd's College, Cardiff records

Short Title: St Illtyd's College, Cardiff records

Creation date(s): 1923-1986

Level of description: Fonds

Extent: 0.004 cubic metres (2 volumes)

Name of creator(s): St. Illtyd's College, Cardiff

CONTEXT

Administrative/Biographical history: St. Illtyd's College, Cardiff was opened in January 1923 as the Grammar School for Catholic Boys in Wales and recognised by the Board of Education in 1929. Extensions were made to the buildings in 1932 and the Preparatory Department moved to a site in Richmond Road in 1937. The college buildings were badly damaged by a German Bomb in 1941. Overcrowding at the school led to its transfer in 1964 to Quarry Hill, Rumney.

CONTENT

Scope and content/abstract: St. Illtyd's College, Cardiff records comprising of admission and discharge registers, 1923-1986

ACCESS AND USE

Language/scripts of material: English

System of arrangement: St. Illtyd's College, Cardiff records arranged chronologically by record series

Conditions governing access: Items containing information on named individuals may be restricted in accordance with the Data Protection Act and Glamorgan Archives policy

Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply

Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/

ARCHIVAL INFORMATION

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records offered have been accepted and listed

Accruals: Accruals are possible

Archival history: Records belonged to Archdiocese of Cardiff archives and records group.

Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by Archdiocese of Cardiff archives and records group, 1999

ALLIED MATERIALS

Publication note: See E.J. Jenkins, The Splott I Remember, (Cowbridge 1983)

DESCRIPTION NOTES

Archivist's note: Compiled by Annabel Wickham for the ANW Project; Sources used: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids

Rules or conventions: Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.

Date(s) of descriptions: January 2006


INDEX ENTRIES
Subjects

Personal names

Corporate names

Places

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details