Reference code(s): GB 0214 P137CW
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Abercwmboi Ecclesiastical Parish records
Short Title: Abercwmboi Ecclesiastical Parish records
Creation date(s): 1920-1976
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.12 cubic metres
Name of creator(s): St. Peters Church, Abercwmboi
Administrative/Biographical history: Abercwmboi parish, formerly known as Cap Coch was a conventional district of Aberaman. The Church, dedicated to St. Peter, was closed in 1974.
Scope and content/abstract: Abercwmboi Ecclesiastical Parish records including registers of baptisms, 1920-1976; marriages, 1924-1974; confirmations, 1960-1974; services, 1931-1964; miscellaneous records, 1933-1969 relating to the church of St. Peter, Abercwmboi
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Abercwmboi Ecclesiastical Parish records are arranged numerically under title of register and date which record was accessioned
Conditions governing access: No Restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Record conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catallogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records offered have been accepted and listed
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the incumbent, 1997
Existence and location of originals: Glamorgan Archives.
Existence and location of copies: Facsimiles of registers available for public use at Glamorgan Archives.
Related material: See also P134CW (Aberaman Ecclesiastical Parish records)
Archivist's note: Compiled by Annabel Wickham for the ANW Project; Sources used: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids; Williams and Watts-Williams, Confrestri Plwyf Cymru/Parish Registers of Wales, (Aberystwyth, 2000); www.churchinwales.org.uk
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: February 2006