ANW logo

Archives Network Wales

Search the collections:        Search help | Advanced search   | Browse by repository

Browse the indices: Combined(searchable) Personal names Corporate names Places Subjects

[Cymraeg]

[Home]

[New to Archives?]

[Family history]

[Admin menu]

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details

Glamorgan Archives
Llanharan Ecclesiastical Parish records

Reference code(s): GB 0214 P15CW

Held at: Glamorgan Archives

Title: Llanharan Ecclesiastical Parish records

Short Title: Llanharan Ecclesiastical Parish records

Creation date(s): 1615-1984

Level of description: Fonds

Extent: 0.06 cubic metres (10 volumes, 5 papers, 1 booklet)

Name of creator(s): Church of Saint Julius and Aaron

CONTEXT

Administrative/Biographical history: Llanharan is a parish covering 3000 acres situated north of Cowbridge and South West of Llantrisant, within the western division of the rural deanery of Groneath Lower in the diocese of Llandaff. The Church of St. Julius and Aaron serves as the parish church, but its origins date back to at least 1563 when it served as a chapel annexed to the neighbouring parish of Llanilid.

CONTENT

Scope and content/abstract: Llanharan Ecclesiastical Parish records including registers of baptisms, 1615-1984; marriages, 1754-1967; burials, 1641-1943; licences, 1902; churchwardens accounts, 1899-1930; miscellaneous papers, 1964-1967

ACCESS AND USE

Language/scripts of material: English

System of arrangement: Llanharan Ecclesiastical Parish records arranged by item

Conditions governing access: No Restrictions

Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply

Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/

ARCHIVAL INFORMATION

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records offered have been accepted and listed

Accruals: Accruals are possible

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the incumbent, 1951-1994

ALLIED MATERIALS

Existence and location of originals: Originals held at Glamorgan Archives

Existence and location of copies: Facsimiles of parish registers are available for public use at the Glamorgan Archives; Facsimiles of baptisms, 1932-84 and marriages, 1837-1967 also held at West Glamorgan Archive Service;

Related material: See also P15 (Llanharan Civil Parish records)

DESCRIPTION NOTES

Note: Bishops transcripts of the years 1721, 1723-39, 1741, 1743-1820, 1822-4, 1826-33, 1846-9, 1851-64, 1868, 1876 held at the National Library of wales, Aberystwyth; Microfiche copy of bishops transcripts held at the Glamorgan Archives

Archivist's note: Compiled by Annabel Wickham for the ANW Project; Sources used: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids; Williams and Watts-Williams, Confrestri Plwyf Cymru/Parish Registers of Wales, (Aberystwyth, 2000); www.churchinwales.org.uk; webapps.rhondda-cynon-taf.gov.uk

Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.

Date(s) of descriptions: February 2006


INDEX ENTRIES
Subjects

Personal names

Corporate names

Places

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details