ANW logo

Archives Network Wales

Search the collections:        Search help | Advanced search   | Browse by repository

Browse the indices: Combined(searchable) Personal names Corporate names Places Subjects

[Cymraeg]

[Home]

[New to Archives?]

[Family history]

[Admin menu]

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details

Glamorgan Archives
Llanharry Ecclesiastical Parish records

Reference code(s): GB 0214 P16CW

Held at: Glamorgan Archives

Title: Llanharry Ecclesiastical Parish records

Short Title: Llanharry Ecclesiastical Parish records

Creation date(s): 1813-1983

Level of description: Fonds

Extent: 0.06 cubic metres (6 volumes)

Name of creator(s): St. Illtud's Church, Llanharry

CONTEXT

Administrative/Biographical history: Llanharry is an ancient parish within the eastern division of the rural deanery of Groneath Lower in the diocese of Llandaff. It is situated approximately 4 miles North of Cowbridge and forms part of the Border Vale of Glamorgan. Its parish church, dedicated to St. Illtud, was rebuilt in 1867-8.

CONTENT

Scope and content/abstract: Llanharry Ecclesiastical Parish records including registers of baptisms, 1813-1983; marriages, 1814-1983; burials, 1812-1982

ACCESS AND USE

Language/scripts of material: English

System of arrangement: Llanharry Ecclesiastical Parish records arranged by item

Conditions governing access: No Restrictions

Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply

Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/

ARCHIVAL INFORMATION

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records offered have been accepted and listed

Accruals: Accruals are possible

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the incumbent, 1979-1983

ALLIED MATERIALS

Existence and location of originals: Originals held at the Glamorgan Archives

Existence and location of copies: Facsimiles of parish registers available for public use at the Glamorgan Archives; Facsimiles of parish registers also held at West Glamorgan Archive Service

Related material: See also P15 (Llanharry Civil Parish records)

DESCRIPTION NOTES

Note: Combined parish register 1750-1812 recorded in 1831 but apparently lost; Bishops transcripts for the years 1725-41, 1747, 1751-1820, 1823-36, 1838-91 held at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth; Microfiche copies of bishops transcripts held at the Glamorgan Archives

Archivist's note: Compiled by Annabel Wickham for the ANW Project; Sources used: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids; Williams and Watts-Williams, Confrestri Plwyf Cymru/Parish Registers of Wales, (Aberystwyth, 2000); www.churchinwales.org.uk; webapps.rhondda-cynon-taf.gov.uk

Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.

Date(s) of descriptions: February 2006


INDEX ENTRIES
Subjects

Personal names

Corporate names

Places

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details