ANW logo

Archives Network Wales

Search the collections:        Search help | Advanced search   | Browse by repository

Browse the indices: Combined(searchable) Personal names Corporate names Places Subjects

[Cymraeg]

[Home]

[New to Archives?]

[Family history]

[Admin menu]

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details

Glamorgan Archives
Llanilid Ecclesiastical Parish records

Reference code(s): GB 0214 P17CW

Held at: Glamorgan Archives

Title: Llanilid Ecclesiastical Parish records

Short Title: Llanilid Ecclesiastical Parish records

Creation date(s): 1696-1987

Level of description: Fonds

Extent: 0.04 cubic metres (8 volumes, 1 booklet, 1 paper)

Name of creator(s): Church of Saint Illid and Curig

CONTEXT

Administrative/Biographical history: Llanild is a small ancient parish within the western division of the rural deanery of Groneath Lower in the diocese of Llandaff. It is situated approximately 5 miles north of Cowbridge and includes the village of Llanilid and a small rural area which surrounds it. Its parish church is dedicated to St. Ilid, who was said to have accompanied Bran ab Llyr, the deposed Prince of Saluria from Rome around 70AD, for the the purpose of introducing Christianity to Britain.

CONTENT

Scope and content/abstract: Llanilid Ecclesiastical Parish records including registers of baptism, 1815-1987; marriages, 1754-1970; burials, 1813-1987; banns, 1825-1987; combined register of baptism and burial, 1706-1812; churchwardens accounts, 1820-1879; church restoration appeal, 1881; extracts of bishops transcripts 1696-1728

ACCESS AND USE

Language/scripts of material: English

System of arrangement: Llanilid Ecclesiastical Parish records arranged by item

Conditions governing access: No Restrictions

Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply

Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/

ARCHIVAL INFORMATION

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records offered have been accepted and listed

Accruals: Accruals are possible

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the incumbent, 1987

ALLIED MATERIALS

Existence and location of originals: Originals held at Glamorgan Archives and National Library of Wales combined;

Existence and location of copies: Facsimiles of parish registers available for public use at the Glamorgan Archives, including registers from 1706-1987 which are held in original form at the national Library of Wales, Aberystwyth

Related material: See also P17 (Llanilid Civil Parish records)

DESCRIPTION NOTES

Note: Bishops transcripts for the years 1696, 1721, 1723-1820, 1822-3, 1826-33, 1846, 1848-63, 1868, 1875-6 held at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth; Microfiche copy of Bishops transcripts held at the Glamorgan Record Office

Archivist's note: Compiled by Annabel Wickham for the ANW Project; Sources used: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids; Williams and Watts-Williams, Confrestri Plwyf Cymru/Parish Registers of Wales, (Aberystwyth, 2000); www.churchinwales.org.uk; www.genuki.org.uk

Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.

Date(s) of descriptions: February 2006


INDEX ENTRIES
Subjects

Personal names

Corporate names

Places

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details