ANW logo

Archives Network Wales

Search the collections:        Search help | Advanced search   | Browse by repository

Browse the indices: Combined(searchable) Personal names Corporate names Places Subjects

[Cymraeg]

[Home]

[New to Archives?]

[Family history]

[Admin menu]

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details

Glamorgan Archives
Ystradyfodwg Ecclesiastical Parish records

Reference code(s): GB 0214 P67CW

Held at: Glamorgan Archives

Title: Ystradyfodwg Ecclesiastical Parish records

Short Title: Ystradyfodwg Ecclesiastical Parish records

Creation date(s): 1719-1987

Level of description: Fonds

Extent: 0.96 cubic metres (104 volumes, 31 papers, 3 plans and 5 booklets)

Name of creator(s): Ystradyfodwg Ecclesiastical Parish

CONTEXT

Administrative/Biographical history: Ystradyfodwg is an ancient parish within the rural deanery of Rhondda in the diocese of Llandaff. It is situated nine miles north west of Llantrisant, in the hundred of Miskin. St. John's church, Ton Pentre was the ancient church of Ystradyfodwg, it was closed in 1979 but the congregation continued to meet in the schoolroom. St. Peter's, Pentre, was erected as a chapel of ease in 1888-90. St. David's, Ton Pentre, was erected in 1881 and consecrated as a parish church in 1920. St. Mark's, Gelli, was a chapel of ease to St. David's. The parish was renamed Rhondda.

CONTENT

Scope and content/abstract: Ystradyfodwg Ecclesiastical Parish records including registers of baptisms, 1719-1974; marriages, 1917-1971; burials, 1719-1973; banns, 1779-1973; services, 1885-1987; churchwardens and overseers records, 1750-1943; certificates and licences, 1840-1942; charities, 1909

ACCESS AND USE

Language/scripts of material: English

System of arrangement: Ystradyfodwg Ecclesiastical Parish records arranged by item

Conditions governing access: No Restrictions

Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply

Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/

ARCHIVAL INFORMATION

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records offered have been accepted and listed

Accruals: Accruals are possible

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the incumbent, 1978-1981

ALLIED MATERIALS

Existence and location of originals: Originals held at the Glamorgan Archives

Existence and location of copies: Facsimiles of parish registers available for public use at the Glamorgan Archives. Microfiche copies of parish registers held at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth

Related material: See also P67 (Ystradyfodwg Civil Parish records)

DESCRIPTION NOTES

Note: Bishops transcripts for the years 1717, 1724-34, 1736-1819, 1821-39, 1841-3, 1850, 1858, 1861-7 held at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth; Microfiche copy of Bishops transcripts held at the Glamorgan Archives

Archivist's note: Compiled by Annabel Wickham for the ANW Project; Sources used: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids; Williams and Watts-Williams, Confrestri Plwyf Cymru/Parish Registers of Wales, (Aberystwyth, 2000); www.churchinwales.org.uk

Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.

Date(s) of descriptions: January 2006


INDEX ENTRIES
Subjects

Personal names

Corporate names

Places

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details