ANW logo

Archives Network Wales

Search the collections:        Search help | Advanced search   | Browse by repository

Browse the indices: Combined(searchable) Personal names Corporate names Places Subjects



[New to Archives?]

[Family history]

[Admin menu]

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details

Glamorgan Archives
Pentyrch Ecclesiastical Parish records

Reference code(s): GB 0214 P65CW

Held at: Glamorgan Archives

Title: Pentyrch Ecclesiastical Parish records

Short Title: Pentyrch Ecclesiastical Parish records

Creation date(s): 1678-2013

Level of description: Fonds

Extent: 0.12 cubic metres (12 volumes, 35 papers, 12 files, 3 bundles, 1 plan, 18 photographs, 1 card, 2 booklets, 62 pdf files)

Name of creator(s): Pentyrch Ecclesiastical Parish


Administrative/Biographical history: Pentyrch is an ancient parish within the rural deanery, archdeaconry and diocese of Llandaff. It is situated north-west of Cardiff and Llandaff in the hundred of Miskin. The parish church is dedicated to St. Cattwg and was rebuilt on the site of the old church in 1850.


Scope and content/abstract: Pentyrch Ecclesiastical Parish records including registers of baptisms, 1678-1868; marriages, 1695-1946; burials, 1695-1853; banns, 1813-1895; licences, 1952-1953; records relating to: property, 1890-1940; churchwardens, 1824-1961; parochial church council; 1907-1954; charitable trusts, 1952-1963; parish magazines (pdf format), 2007-2012; church history, 2011;history of Creigiau parish hall, 2013; miscellaneous records, c1890-1951


Language/scripts of material: English

System of arrangement: Pentyrch Ecclesiastical Parish records arranged by item

Conditions governing access: No Restrictions

Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply

Finding aids:


Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records offered have been accepted and listed

Accruals: Accruals are possible

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the incumbent, 1978, 1981 and 2013


Existence and location of originals: Originals held at the Glamorgan Archives

Existence and location of copies: Facsimiles of parish registers available for public use at the Glamorgan Archives. Facsimiles of parish registers also held at West Glamorgan Archive Service

Related material: See also P65 (Pentyrch Civil Parish records)


Note: Bishops transcripts for the years 1686-7, 1690, 1696-7, 1700-1, 1704, 1707-8, 1710, 1712-13, 1716, 1730-3, 1735, 1737-56, 1758-9, 1761-1800, 1802, 1804-70, 1873-5, 1880, 1885, 1887, 1891-1902 held at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth; Microfiche copy of Bishops transcripts held at the Glamorgan Record Office

Archivist's note: Compiled by Annabel Wickham for the ANW Project; Sources used: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids; Williams and Watts-Williams, Confrestri Plwyf Cymru/Parish Registers of Wales, (Aberystwyth, 2000); Revised by M Wilcox for Glamorgan Archives

Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.

Date(s) of descriptions: February 2006, January and March 2013


Personal names

Corporate names


List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details