Reference code(s): GB 0214 P153CW
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Cardiff, St. Andrew and St. Teilo Ecclesiastical Parish records
Short Title: Cardiff, St. Andrew and St. Teilo Ecclesiastical Parish records
Creation date(s): 1863-1977
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.24 cubic metres
Name of creator(s): Cardiff, St. Andrew and St. Teilo Ecclesiastical Parish
Administrative/Biographical history: St. Andrews church was built as a chapel of ease to St. John, Cardiff in 1863 and formed into a separate parish in 1884. St. Teilo, Woodville Road was a chapel of ease to St. Andrew, erected in 1895 to replace a temporary building of 1879 in Corbett Road. The Iron church of St. Illtyd stood in Crwys Road. In 1956, St. Andrew's was rededicated as Eglwys Dewi Sant, and St. Teilos became the parish church of St. Andrew and St. Teilo.
Scope and content/abstract: Cardiff, St. Andrew and St. Teilo Ecclesiastical Parish records including registers of St. Andrews, St. Teilo, St. Illtyd of baptisms 1863-1954; marriages, 1863-1954; burials, 1863-1899; services, 1879-1959; banns, 1898-1988; churchwardens accounts, 1936-1973; parochial church council and easter vestry, 1863-1895; church affairs, 1894-1911; church organisations, 1909-1966; miscellaneous and civil records, 1847-1919
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Cardiff, St. Andrew and St. Teilo Ecclesiastical Parish records arranged by item
Conditions governing access: No Restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Record Office conditions apply
Finding aids: Handlist available at the Glamorgan Record Office
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records offered have been accepted and listed
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the incumbent, 1988
Existence and location of originals: Originals held at the Glamorgan Record Office
Existence and location of copies: Facsimiles of parish registers available for public use at the Glamorgan Record Office.
Archivist's note: Compiled by Annabel Wickham for the ANW Project; Sources used: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids; Williams and Watts-Williams, Confrestri Plwyf Cymru/Parish Registers of Wales, (Aberystwyth, 2000); www.churchinwales.org.uk
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: February 2006