Reference code(s): GB 0214 P239CW
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Cardiff, St. Stephen Ecclesiastical Parish records
Short Title: Cardiff, St. Stephen Ecclesiastical Parish records
Creation date(s): 1878-1974
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.025 cubic metres (13 volumes)
Name of creator(s): Cardiff, St. Stephen Ecclesiastical Parish
Administrative/Biographical history: St. Stephen's church, West Bute Street, Cardiff was formerly and ecclesiastical district formed in 1887. It was established as a chapel of ease to Cardiff, St. Mary at this time but was created as a separate parish in 1912; the last services were held in 1975.
Scope and content/abstract: Cardiff, St. Stephen Ecclesiastical Parish records including registers of baptisms, 1878-1984; marriages, 1912-1974; banns, 1912-1948; services, 1912-1928
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Cardiff, St. Stephen Ecclesiastical Parish records arranged chronologically by record series
Conditions governing access: No Restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Record Office conditions apply
Finding aids: Handlist available at the Glamorgan Record Office
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records offered have been accepted and listed
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the incumbent, 2005
Existence and location of originals: Originals held at the Glamorgan Record Office
Existence and location of copies: Facsimiles of parish registers available for public use at the Glamorgan Record Office.
Archivist's note: Compiled by Annabel Wickham for the ANW Project; Sources used: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids; Williams and Watts-Williams, Confrestri Plwyf Cymru/Parish Registers of Wales, (Aberystwyth, 2000); www.churchinwales.org.uk
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: February 2006