ANW logo

Archives Network Wales

Search the collections:        Search help | Advanced search   | Browse by repository

Browse the indices: Combined(searchable) Personal names Corporate names Places Subjects



[New to Archives?]

[Family history]

[Admin menu]

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details

Glamorgan Archives
Treharris Ecclesiastical parish records

Reference code(s): GB 0214 P227CW

Held at: Glamorgan Archives

Title: Treharris Ecclesiastical parish records

Short Title: Treharris Ecclesiastical parish records

Creation date(s): 1863-1986

Level of description: Fonds

Extent: 0.08 cubic metres (31 volumes, 13 papers)

Name of creator(s): Treharris Ecclesiastical parish


Administrative/Biographical history: Treharris is a modern parish within the rural deanery of Merthyr Tydfil in the diocese of Llandaff. It was created in 1900 from Merthyr Tydfil and Gelligaer parishes and is situated approximately 7.5 miles south-east of Merthyr Tydfil and 6 miles north of Pontypridd. The parish church is dedicated to St. Matthias and was erected in 1896, There was also a chapel of ease, dedicated to St. Mary, which was situated at Trelewis.


Scope and content/abstract: Treharris Ecclesiastical parish records including registers of baptisms, 1896-1944; marriages, 1863-1971; burials, 1907-1951; services, 1899-1986; banns, 1912-1974; churchwardens records, 1907-1931; church executive committee minutes, 1908-1911; church affairs, 1910-1914


Language/scripts of material: English

System of arrangement: Treharris Ecclesiastical parish records arranged by item

Conditions governing access: No Restrictions

Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply

Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at


Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records offered have been accepted and listed

Accruals: Accruals are possible

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the incumbent,1976-1986


Existence and location of originals: Originals held at the Glamorgan Archives

Existence and location of copies: Facsimiles of parish registers available for public use at the Glamorgan Archives


Archivist's note: Compiled by Annabel Wickham for the ANW Project; Sources used: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids; Williams and Watts-Williams, Confrestri Plwyf Cymru/Parish Registers of Wales, (Aberystwyth, 2000);

Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.

Date(s) of descriptions: February 2006


Personal names

Corporate names


List of repositories  |  List of collections at Glamorgan Archives  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details