Reference code(s): GB 0214 P232CW
Held at: Glamorgan Archives
Title: Tylorstown Ecclesiastical parish records
Short Title: Tylorstown Ecclesiastical parish records
Creation date(s): 1906-1996
Level of description: Fonds
Extent: 0.015 cubic metres, (5 volumes)
Name of creator(s): Tylorstown Ecclesiastical parish
Administrative/Biographical history: The parish of Tylorstown was formed in 1887 with Maerdy and Ferndale but these were separated in 1900 to form their own parishes. The main church of the Holy Trinity was erected in 1883 and its registers are recorded in 1920 as dating from 1887. The church of St. Mary Magdalene was erected at Pont-y-Gwaith in 1896.
Scope and content/abstract: Tylorstown Ecclesiastical parish records including registers of marriages, 1906-1996
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement: Tylorstown Ecclesiastical parish records arranged by item
Conditions governing access: No Restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Normal Glamorgan Archives conditions apply
Finding aids: A full version of the catalogue can be searched online at http://calmview.cardiff.gov.uk/calmview/
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records offered have been accepted and listed
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the incumbent, 2001
Existence and location of originals: Originals held at the Glamorgan Archives
Existence and location of copies: Facsimiles of parish registers available for public use at the Glamorgan Archives.
Archivist's note: Compiled by Annabel Wickham for the ANW Project; Sources used: Glamorgan Record Office finding aids; Williams and Watts-Williams, Confrestri Plwyf Cymru/Parish Registers of Wales, (Aberystwyth, 2000); www.churchinwales.org.uk
Rules or conventions: Description follows Archives Network Wales guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of descriptions: February 2006