ANW logo

Archives Network Wales

Search the collections:        Search help | Advanced search   | Browse by repository

Browse the indices: Combined(searchable) Personal names Corporate names Places Subjects

[Cymraeg]

[Home]

[New to Archives?]

[Family history]

[Admin menu]

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details

Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
Andrews Partnership Drawings

Reference code(s): GB 1952 NA/GEN/2001/015e

Held at: Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales

Title: Andrews Partnership Drawings

Short Title: Andrews Partnership Drawings

Creation date(s): 1959-1998

Level of description: Full item level description on NMRW digital archive catalogue.

Extent: Over 6,700 original architect's drawings in plan presses and hanging cabinets.

Name of creator(s): Andrews Partnership

CONTEXT

Administrative/Biographical history: The collection comprises drawings produced by the Andrews Partnership through the course of their work as an architects practice. The partnership was originally known as Phillip Hirst and Wyn Jones, then Hirst, Jones, Moore Simpson and Partners, then Wyn Jones, Paul Andrews and Associates, and finally The Andrews Partnership. The practice was started in 1959, and ran for forty years in these various guises, being wound up in 1999. It was based in Haverford West, and its work centered on Pembrokeshire, and the immediate vicinity. Work included design and construction of new buildings, both commercial and domestic, conversion and extension work on existing buildings, and conservation work on historic buildings, including churches.

CONTENT

Scope and content/abstract: Architectural plans, sections, elevations and perspective drawings of various buildings and developments, commercial, domestic and public from 1959 to 1998, mainly in Pembrokeshire and the immediate area.

ACCESS AND USE

Language/scripts of material: English

System of arrangement: Arranged in order of their original drawing numbers, which are made up of the practice's job number and a running number for each drawing produced for each job.

Conditions governing access: Material is on full public access.

Conditions governing reproduction: Wyn Jones, Paul Andrews and James Andrews

Finding aids: There are written indexes to the drawings deposited with NMRW, one of which is organised alphabetically, by client name, the other being ordered chronologically by the date of each job. There are also full item descriptions for each drawing on the NMRW digital archive catalogue.

ARCHIVAL INFORMATION

Archival history: The drawings were donated to NMRW in 2001.

Immediate source of acquisition: The drawings were donated by Wyn Jones, architect, one of the original partners to set up the practice.

ALLIED MATERIALS

Existence and location of originals: Original material held by National Monuments Record for Wales.

Existence and location of copies: No copies.

DESCRIPTION NOTES

Archivist's note: Edwards, G.M.

Date(s) of descriptions: 08/09/03


INDEX ENTRIES
Subjects
Architectural drawing | Wales
Buildings | Wales | Pembrokeshire | Designs and plans
Historic buildings | Conservation and restoration | Wales
Historic buildings | Wales | Designs and plans

Personal names

Corporate names
Andrews Partnership

Places
Haverfordwest (Wales)
Pembrokeshire (Wales)

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details