ANW logo

Archives Network Wales

Search the collections:        Search help | Advanced search   | Browse by repository

Browse the indices: Combined(searchable) Personal names Corporate names Places Subjects

[Cymraeg]

[Home]

[New to Archives?]

[Family history]

[Admin menu]

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Conwy Archive Service  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details

Conwy Archive Service
Colwyn Bay and Llandudno English Methodist Circuit

Reference code(s): GB 2008 CD26 and CD27

Held at: Conwy Archive Service

Title: Colwyn Bay and Llandudno English Methodist Circuit

Short Title: Colwyn Bay and Llandudno English Methodist Circuit

Creation date(s): 1862-1992

Level of description: Fonds

Extent: 3.25 cubic metres (113 boxes, 1 large box, 9 vols, 1 roll)

Name of creator(s): Colwyn Bay and Llandudno English Methodist Circuit

CONTEXT

Administrative/Biographical history: Colwyn Bay and Llandudno Methodist Circuit is part of the North Wales District of the English-speaking Welseyan Methodist Church. Circuit plans list the preachers at the constituent churches, which include St John's, Llandudno, St David's, Craig-y-Don, St John's, Colwyn Bay and the English Methodist Churches at Rhos-on-Sea and Old Colwyn.

CONTENT

Scope and content/abstract: Circuit records, Society records and Trustees' records for the Colwyn Bay and Llandudno English Methodist Circuit, 1862-1992.

ACCESS AND USE

Language/scripts of material: English

System of arrangement: Arranged into the following: Circuit records, Society records, Trustees' records for the Colwyn Bay and Llandudno Methodist Circuit; Llandudno St Johns; St David's, Craig-y-Don, Warren Chapel, Llandudno; St John's, Conwy; St James, Llanrwst; St John's, Colwyn Bay and the English Methodist Churches at Nant-y-Glyn Road, Colwyn Bay, Rhos-on-Sea and Old Colwyn.

Conditions governing access: No restrictions.

Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.

Finding aids: Hard copies of the catalogues are available at Conwy Archives Service.

Language codes: eng

ARCHIVAL INFORMATION

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records have been retained.

Accruals: Accruals are likely

Archival history: Deposited by the Colwyn Bay and Llandudno English Methodist Circuit (Caernarfon Section)at Gwynedd Archive Service (CD27/C) and Denbighshire Record Office (CD27/D).

Immediate source of acquisition: Transferred from Gwynedd Archive Service, 2000; Denbighshire Record Office, 2002, by request of the Circuit .

ALLIED MATERIALS

Related material: Photographs in the collection are Conwy Archive Service CP3662.

DESCRIPTION NOTES

Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds.

Archivist's note: Compiled by Seri Crawley for the ANW project. The following source were used in the compilation of this description: Colwyn Bay and Llandudno English Methodist Circuit; Methodist Church in Wales website (www.westwales.co.uk), viewed 31st October 2003. Conwy Archive Service note: CD26 represents the Colwyn Bay and Rhos-on-Sea areas of the Circuit, formerly deposited with Denbighshire Record Office (ref. no. ND/16); CD27 represents the Llandudno and Conwy areas of the Circuit, formerly deposited with Gwynedd Archives Service (ref. no. XD27)

Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) Second Edition; AACR2 and LCSH.

Date(s) of descriptions: October 2003


INDEX ENTRIES
Subjects
Calvinistic Methodists | Wales | Archives
Colwyn Bay and Llandudno Methodist | Archives

Personal names

Corporate names
Colwyn Bay and Llandudno Circuit
Methodist Church in Wales

Places
Caernarvonshire (Wales)
Colwyn Bay (Wales)
Llandudno (Wales)

List of repositories  |  List of collections at Conwy Archive Service  |  Repository home page  |  Contact details